Social Security Disability
Taking the Stress out of Applying for Social Security Disability Insurance
If you’ve been disabled or your condition prevents you from working for 12 months or more, you may be eligible to receive monthly cash payments and Medicare coverage through the Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) program.
Applying for Social Security disability and dealing with bureaucracy is complicated and frustrating. At Caronna & Johnson, we are intimately familiar with the application process and nuances. We’ve successfully helped hundreds of clients obtain the benefits they deserve.
We know the process. We know the details. We know how to make it less stressful for you.
Increase your chances of receiving Social Security disability benefits by working with Caronna & Johnson’s team of experienced and trustworthy Social Security disability attorneys. We provide legal help in both English and Spanish.
Free Consultation … And Pay Only If We Win Your Case
Receive a free consultation AND pay no attorney’s fees, unless we win your case. That’s how strongly Caronna & Johnson will fight for you and your Social Security disability benefits.
We have a reputation as honest, aggressive litigators who represent our clients ethically and with the highest standard of professional integrity. No matter your injury, Caronna & Johnson has the in-house expertise to get you what you’re entitled to receive.
How to Qualify
To qualify for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) benefits, you must:
- Have worked in jobs covered by Social Security.
- Have a medical condition the meets Social Security’s definition of disability.
- Meet a test concerning how long and how recently you have worked and contributed to Social Security. The test varies by age, but generally speaking, you must have worked 5 of the last 10 years.
Additionally, your disability or combination of disabilities must be severe enough to prevent you from doing your previous job or any other form of employment.
Even if you meet all of the SSDI requirements, your application may still be denied. Only 35% of claims are awarded at the initial application. Most claims are denied for technical errors or lack of proper medical evidence of disability.
If you are disabled but do not meet all of these requirements, you may be eligible to receive benefits from the Supplemental Security Income (SSI) program.
Social Security Disability Services
Caronna & Johnson helps you with the following Social Security disability benefits:
- Application process Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) benefits
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits
- Request for reconsideration and request for hearing
- Gathering of medical evidence
- Commutation due to prior or concurrent workers’ compensation claim
- Medicare and Medi-Cal benefits
Schedule your free consultation with us today. The legal services of Caronna & Johnson are offered throughout the Coachella and Imperial Valleys: Cathedral City, Coachella, Desert Hot Springs, Indian Wells, Indio, La Quinta, Palm Desert, Palm Springs, Rancho Mirage, Thermal, Mecca, Calexico and others.